This was heavenly! Unfortunately, I have a nasty habit of never measuring when I cook so bear with me.
Kate’s Pesto Tofu Sandwich
- 2 slices of dry fried tofu (Learn about it here)
- 2 slices of panini-type bread
- 2 tablespoons of vegan pesto (see below)
- 2-3 tablespoons pasta sauce of your choice
- Vegan Parmesan
- Non-dairy butter (I used Earth Balance)
Spread a thin layer of Earth Balance on one side of each piece of bread. On the other sides, spread a layer of pesto. Place dry fried tofu on top with pasta sauce. Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan. Pan fry both sides until tofu is hot. Enjoy!
Kate’s Vegan Pesto
- 1 large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 small handful of walnuts
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of olive oil (add slowly until you get the right texture… should be thick)
Puree together in a food processor.